King Mickey and Yen Sid prepare for an impending threat by putting Sora and Riku through the Mark of Mastery exam. Sora and Riku are sent into the Sleeping Worlds, where they will face enemies and allies that have never been seen before. If they can successfully complete the task they are given, they will be deemed true Keyblade Masters.
The world of dreams has been so firmly locked that not even the shadows can invade, instead, they have their own monsters. The dream eaters are split into two groups. There are the Nightmares that eat up a person’s dream and replace it with a nightmare, and there are the spirits that eat up nightmares to breed sweet dreams. Team up with spirits to defeat the nightmares.
- Dual protagonists Play as the two most popular characters of the franchise, Sora and Riku
- “Free-flow” action Enjoy fast and effortless movements while interacting with the environment and performing acrobatic attacks
- Brand-new creatures Dream Eaters inhabit the Sleeping Worlds, and are split into two categories: Spirits and Nightmares. Recruit over 50 different types of Spirits as allies to fight alongside Sora and Riku
- New Disney worlds Beloved Disney worlds and characters, such as La Cité des Cloches (The Hunchback of Notre Dame), make their series debut
- Story progression With updated looks for Sora and Riku, and the impending conflict made clear, this title is a big step forward in the series